Work Experience at the Embassy of Maldives Working For
: The Embassy of the Republic of Maldives to the United KingdomLocation
: Travel and communication allowance
The Embassy of the Republic of Maldives is offering two work placement opportunities for those seeking to familiarise themselves with the functions of an Embassy. The work placements are ideal for gap year students waiting to start a course at the university, those who are undertaking a university course or have just graduated and would like to gain some experience working in a diplomatic mission. The work placement also provides an unrivalled opportunity to gain experience in working for one of the countries on the frontline of climate change.
The successful candidate would be supervised at all times. Experience:
They will learn about and gain experience in:
- organizing events and meetings in a diplomatic setting
- researching and producing briefings on specific topics such as climate change, human rights etc.
- producing reports on the current political climate in the UK, with special reference to issues of relevance to Maldives and South Asia.
- preparing regular news briefs on current affairs of Maldives.
- Administrative work of a diplomatic mission
The work experience is not a paid position. However, a £500 travel allowance per month is available. Start Date: T
he positions are available for 3-4 weeks (or more) starting February 2020. Requirements
- Must already have the right to work in the UK
- Must have completed Sixth Form/A Levels or equivalent.
- Must have an interest in international relations, diplomacy, climate change and/or human rights.
Please email with a CV to email@example.com
Only those selected would be contacted. If the successful candidate requires credit to go towards any academic course work, please give details of the tutor in charge at the respective educational institution.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Aishath Fareena during working hours 9.30am-4.30pm on 0207 224 2135